"L"s Fresh Chicken Soft Tacos

5:29 PM

(1) Comments

Dinner could be served. The other day, I stopped by the Healthy Foods Co-Op on my walk home from work. I love this place...it has tons of organic, locally grown produce and really reasonable prices. Anyways, I bought lots of random things, wax peppers, seedless watermelon, tomatillos, orange cherry tomatoes and something else that I now do not remember. When I got home I realized I had no clue what I was supposed to do with what I had bought, but God is good and thus gave me an idea. It was a pretty delicious idea too, so I am sharing it here with you.

Dinner in 15 Minutes {take that Rachel Ray...} serves 2:

Get the salsa made first {about 5 minutes},
1 or 2 wax peppers {the perfect amount of heat for most is probably 1} deveined and deseeded
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
1/2 lb. tomatillos
1/4 c. of lime juice
1/8 t. cayenne pepper
pinch of salt
2 cloves of garlic, minced or you could use power or paste.....chop up all of the above, blend, and put in the fridge so the flavors can combine while you do the following:

the Tortillas:
I have been making my own recently and I don't really use a recipe, but here are the general proportions/ideas.
Heat up a griddle or fry pan with just a little oil {1 tablespoon} over med-low heat.
Use forks or a pastry cutter to mix 1 part butter or shortening with 4 parts flour, corn or wheat, a pinch or two of salt.
Then add water 1 tablespoon at a time until you have a pliable dough. Divide the dough into golf sized balls. Roll these out with a pin over flour. Throw in the pan for about 1 minute on each side.

AT THE SAME TIME as the above have the below going over medium heat

Open a can of chicken breast, drain and throw into a saute pot/pan, season with a little more lime juice, chille pepper, cayenne and cumin...I hashed up the chicken mixture while it heated up, which made the tortilla easier to eat.

To plate, cut up the watermelon and serve the tortillas topped with chicken and then spoon the salsa over them. The perfect summer meal in no time at all. bon Apetit!

1 Response to ""L"s Fresh Chicken Soft Tacos"

Anonymous said :
September 14, 2008 at 1:44 PM
This is so much like a dish I make, except I add black beans and skip the meat. You know me.. any excuse to skip the meat. Sounds great!

Post a Comment