"L"s Salmon with Tomatoes, Capers & Garlic

1:31 PM

(0) Comments

I made this up, so no, I do not have exact measurements for this recipe. But I have some very good ideas if I do say so myself. OK, here it is {apologies for no picture, it was gone too soon!}

{the NEEDS}
1-2 lbs of salmon fillet
a small jar of capers
1-2 lbs of plum tomatoes OR 32 oz jar of canned WHOLE tomatoes {toss the liquid}
3-7 cloves of garlic {I prefer 7, but I can eat it raw...}
extra virgin olive oil

{the STEPS}
Set oven for 450-500* F. Line a roasting pan with tin foil, lay the salmon fillet, skin side down. Arrange tomatoes around the salmon. Coarsely chop garlic and place directly on top of salmon flesh. Pour about 1TBSP of capers {WITH the juice} directly on the salmon. Roast for about 15-25 minutes depending on the amount of salmon. Everything will look dried out when you pull it out of the oven. Do not fear...this is where it gets good. Immediately drizzle the olive oil generously over the now roasted tomatoes and salmon. You will hear the oil sizzling a little. All will become delectable from here.

Enjoy with asparagus, red potatoes, a salad, etc. The flavors are versatile enough that just about any side would do fine. The best aspect I think is that it takes literally no prep time. You can make your side easily while the salmon cooks. {bon APETIT}

0 Responses to ""L"s Salmon with Tomatoes, Capers & Garlic"

Post a Comment