Curried Squash & Chicken Soup

2:54 PM

(1) Comments

My friend, Jane, writes the blog This Week For Dinner, a fabulous food blog that encourages weekly menu planning. It's really brilliant. Every week Jane posts her weekly menu, and all are encouraged to post their menus in the comments. It's great for meal ideas. My other friend, Natalee, posted her Curried Squash & Chicken Soup recipe in the comments a little while ago, it sounded so good I just had to give it a try.

I love how simple the recipe is, yet the flavor is hardly basic. I'm a big sucker for asian-inspired food. Out of everything on the recipe, only 3 of the ingredients I didn't have on hand. Not bad. I didn't cook it in a crock pot like Natalee suggests, it only took a half hour to cook, and still tasted really good. Best of all, my husband couldn't stop talking about how good it was. Thanks for sharing this recipe with us, Natalee!


Curried Squash and Chicken Soup
serves 2

1 14-ounce package frozen pureed winter squash
1/2 cup coconut milk (I used 2/3 cup)
1/2 cup water (I used 2/3 cup)
8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced (can be added to soup raw)
1 6-ounce bag baby spinach
2 kaffir lime leaves (or 2 T lime juice I also used the zest of the lime)
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
1/4 teaspoon salt

Add all ingredients into the crockpot. Stir. Cook on high for 2-3 hours. A great addition is Lemongrass (hard to find, though).

Melissa

, , ,

1 Response to "Curried Squash & Chicken Soup"

T said :
October 4, 2008 at 3:51 PM
I love Thai food and this looks really good.

Post a Comment