Broccoli Tofu Stir-Fry

10:53 AM

(0) Comments

I've been trying out new vegan recipes lately. I spent two years with no meat, and I think I can do it again! Pregnancy has ruined my eating habits... but this recipe is really good. Packed with protein and fiber from the quinoa, and all those delicious phytonutrients in the broccoli! (From vegcooking.com)

1 medium onion, diced
3 Tbsp. crushed or minced garlic
2 lbs. broccoli florets
1 lb. extra-firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 & 1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (I omitted this, personal preference)
3 Tbsp. corn starch (I omitted this too, because I forgot to buy it; I did
use a little flour for thickening)
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 cup water

• Place the onion and garlic in a wok or large sauté pan and cook until the onion just begins to turn translucent. Add a little water, as needed, during cooking to prevent sticking.
• Wash and separate the broccoli florets and thinly slice the stems. Add the broccoli, tofu, ginger and cayenne pepper to the pan and cook until the broccoli starts to become tender.
• Mix together the corn starch, soy sauce and about 1 cup of water. Add the soy sauce mixture to the vegetables and continue cooking, stirring continuously. When the sauce thickens and thoroughly coats the vegetables, remove from the heat. (Stir in additional water, if needed, to adjust the thickness of the sauce.)



• Serve over brown rice (or quinoa for protein boost).

Caitlin Carroll

, , ,

0 Responses to "Broccoli Tofu Stir-Fry"

Post a Comment