Black bean burgers

7:19 AM

(3) Comments

These are SO. GOOD. I've dabbled in making my own veggie burgers, and I think I found the best recipe around. It's from Veg Cooking

2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup diced bell pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 jalapeño, minced (I left this out. We're not big on spicy hot)
2 cups black beans
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 tsp. cumin
2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup flour

•In a saucepan over medium heat, in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, sauté the onion, bell pepper, garlic, and jalapeño for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.

•In a mixing bowl, mash the black beans, then add the sautéed vegetables, corn, and bread crumbs and mix well. Season with cumin, cilantro, and salt and mix again.

•Shape into 6 patties, then coat each in flour.



•Place a pan over medium-high heat and add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Cook each patty for about 5 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.



Makes 6 small patties

These delicious burgers were loved by all (two of us). They are really flavorful and substantial, I think even the heartiest meat-eater will like them! Top the burgers with cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and lime mayo (we just squeezed lime juice and mixed it in with the mayo, or you could just squeeze a little lime juice on top). We served them with corn on the cob. Yum!


(and yes, our kitchen is also our bedroom. Ignore unmade bed in background.)

Caitlin Carroll

3 Responses to "Black bean burgers"

Anonymous said :
May 17, 2009 at 5:12 PM
I'm making these, this WEEK!!
Milla said :
May 22, 2009 at 10:07 PM
These were really good!
thajudheevvt said :
May 17, 2020 at 11:46 PM

I liked your website so much. I am also providing same content like this. If you want to read, just visit my website
https://wayanadempire.com/
Wayanad Empire

Post a Comment